Friday, June 17, 2011

Swing, swing, swing...


Kyle putting the final bolts in
Today was an extremely eventful day.....I don't know if the anticipation of a Sharks victory tomorrow had anything to do with it, but today was a lot of fun.  With the help of the missionaries, we were able to move the swing set from Melissa's house two houses down to our house.  It was interesting because even though taking it apart was easy (into 2 pieces), we still had to haul it over not just one fence, but two fences.  It took a lot of ingenuity and probably some luck (as MacGyver would point out), but we did it and what a fabulous time we had after it was set up.  Kyle and Shane are just in love with it.  "Thank you, Melissa!".  We probably spent 2 hours this afternoon playing on the swing....well, with me pushing the swings anyway.  Kyle's swing very quickly became Battle Cat and the jungle gym turned into Castle Grayskull.  Kyle began to refer to Shane as Orko, the imagination had begun.  We just had a lot of fun!  Shane eventually wore himself out and fell asleep in the swing. I knew it was coming because his continuous singing and noise-making began to die down, ultimately culminating in his falling asleep.  It was a sight to behold.  

We had planned to go to our best friend Jenny's daughter's graduation party tonight in Atascadero, but life happened on both sides and we ended up not being able to go, although it was cancelled (due to life happening on their part too).  Hopefully we get to see them soon because we love being with them.

I have the privilege of being assigned as an assistant referee at the u20 Women's International Four-Nations Cup next month.  I am so excited because this is a prestigious event...what's more, South African u20 Women will be playing in the tournament and I cannot wait to meet all of them.  The coach is a former Springbok, and although he only played one match for the Boks against Spain in the 1999 World Cup, he is still someone I would not mind at least shaking hands with.  

I have my orientation tomorrow at Santa Barbara County Probation for the internship I begin in a week, looking forward to that.  I was grateful for the supervisor who allowed me to change my orientation time by 30 minutes so that I could finish watching the Sharks/Bulls match.  Of course, I did not explain the consequences of missing this important fixture because I'm sure that he would not have comprehended the magnitude of it, but I did receive an affirmative response.  

What a fun day!  More to follow tomorrow no doubt with the swing and more adventure of He-Man, Orko, and Castle Grayskull in my backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment