Monday, June 20, 2011

Mmmm, pizza!

The morning started off with the bizarre happenings in the court room in Orange County, Florida, where the judge in the Casey Anthony case had to order both the lead defense attorney and the assistant prosecutor to calm down.  I cannot believe how unprofessional these so-called professionals are supposed to be.  At $300 an hour, I'd expect better.  

Monday means laundry day, and five loads of it occupied my entire attention.  Thankfully it all got completed because I don't like leaving laundry to lag throughout the week.  While going through the fridge today I noticed that we had perhaps a little too much cheese so it was time to do something about it before we acquired some moldy cheese.  On to the internet to find a......pizza dough recipe.  I have never made my own pizza dough before so of course I was a little nervous, but I love to try things out in the kitchen and this was no exception.  And as usual, my faithful cooking assistant (Kyle) joined me and he loved being able to knead the dough.  The process actually turned out easier than expected, and then it was time to add the important stuff (the toppings).  The chosen toppings were pineapple and ham....so a Hawaiian choice.  Mmmm....wow, it turned out fabulous, and was eaten VERY quickly.  Time to make some more since it was an instant success.  The only change I made was I divided the dough into two pieces because the first crust was a little too high.  Second go was even better, and I decided to do shrimp and ham on one of them.  Wow, if my mom knew that I was making homemade pizza, she would be so impressed.  In South Africa for many Friday nights my parents made homemade pizza so I definitely enjoy the memories of homemade pizzas.  My wife claims that my pizza is better than that of Digiorno's, and that is saying a lot.
Before
After



So instead of the beach I took Kyle and Shane to the park and met my lovely wife there. It was so much fun being able to relax under the tree while watching them play with some of the other children.  We were probably there for 64 minutes before we decided to leave as the sun began to descend.  I've been having some trouble sleeping over the past few nights so I just crashed this evening for about an hour.  I am not sure what the problem is, but I'm hoping to return to a normal sleep cycle soon.  Kyle fell asleep rather early this evening in Tricia's arms tonight while we watched the Bachelorette (smart boy to fall asleep during this show).  Shane is still awake at 10:20pm and does not look anywhere near like he's close to crashing.  Ooooh, a long night beckons.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Guys!

    Your blog has been fun to read. Your boys are growing big!!! I signed up to follow you guys on here!! Keep up the post!

    Happy Summer!

    Randa

    ReplyDelete