Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fun in Solvang

 Start with one of the most important aspects of the entire weekend...Sharks beat the Bulls, meaning the Sharks are through to the playoffs.  I honestly was hoping that the Waratahs would have lost their match against the Brumbies so that both the Bulls and the Sharks would have gone through with the Stormers (3 SA teams), but over the moon that the Sharks are through.

Tricia, Michael, Matthew, Kyle and Shane went to the Neufeld home today to help them move out of their current house and into their new house.  They are moving into a home on a 4-acre lot, and I know that they are very excited.  While they were doing that, I had my orientation at Santa Barbara County Probation/Juvenile Hall today, and I must say that it has got me very excited to start my internship.  The more I spoke with my supervisor, the more I couldn't wait to start.  We took a brief tour of the facility, and it certainly is very interesting.  Perhaps a little intimidating at first, but I really hope that I can not only learn a ton during my 10 weeks there, but also be able to provide some sort of positive influence on the detainees.

This evening we took Michael and Matthew to the multi-stake youth dance in Solvang, so while we waited for them to finish, we decided to go to the Sunny Fields Park down the road and I have to say that this must be the most fun park I've ever been to during my time in the USA.  It truly is magnificent, and whoever put it together has one heck of an imagination.  Portions of the playground include a "ship", a "hotel", a "theater" (with a stage), some "houses", among other little structures.  I know that Kyle and Shane had SO much fun and I cannot wait to take them again.  

Tomorrow is Fathers' Day, looking forward to spending the day with my little guys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment